Friday, June 10, 2011

1 week home - update

Okay, so I finally got the list of documents that is needed for the court day.  2 apostilled copies of everything we've already done, plus additional papers from accountants, doctors and letters of employment.  The FBI fingerprinting says it may take 8-10 weeks!  WTF (excuse my language)but my little girl is waiting and now I have to wait for the FBI - this is our government hard at work.  Does anyone know an FBI agent in Clarksburg we can get on this?  So I am waiting on the fingerprint cards from Happy Families and then we are to take them somewhere (?) and be printed - 3 copies! - then we have to send 2 away and keep the 3rd incase they get lost or are unreadable.  I have already be fingerprinted 4 times!  2 times in Marietta and 2 times in Columbus - they were electronic scans.  Why do they need cards and ink?  I will look like a convict walking around with ink on my fingers!  I just keep repeating to myself - "IT IS ALL FOR OLESYA"!

So I guess the report from the FBI is only good for 90 days.. and the medical reports (blood tests and whatever else) are only good for 90 days.. so everything has to be timed just right so that we have as much time as possible in case the courts are backed up.  Well you never know and we are talking about a foreign country. 

I hope she doesn't think we aren't coming back.  Because by golly we are.  Paperwork... oh well... I do paperwork all day everyday.  No big deal... It's the waiting that is the craziest thing!  Knowing she is waiting on us to come back.  She doesn't really have a clue what she is in for. 

I've been getting presents for her since the moment we stepped off the plane in Columbus.  Michelle (a great friend and co-worker) met us and had bags of toys and clothes... and then I went to the office on Monday and there were clothes and books and shoes for her as well.

We are filling up her closet in anticipation of her arrival.  In a couple weeks I will begin painting her room and putting in new carpet.  Uncle Gary is working on her bed (he is the best uncle!)

The Doctor we brought with us said she would send us a medical report on Olesya by Sunday - I thought she meant last Sunday - but I still haven't heard back from her.  I have e-mailed her twice with no response.  Maybe she is just busy.  It doesn't really matter what it says.  We will deal with whatever happens whenever it happens.  No child is perfect!

well I guess we just wait and start on the pile of paperwork. 
I'm doing the best I can my dear Olesya - hang in there!  We are coming!
The impatient mother to be to Olesya
Tamra

No comments:

Post a Comment