Saturday, November 12, 2011

2nd trip- 3rd day - 1st day in Tambov

Hello everyone,
I know you are on pins and needles waiting for my blog!  LOL.
We arrived by train this morning at 7:30 a.m. and we then had breakfast and got changed.

Note to Darlene.... no food on train this time.. and blow dryers are in hotel...

We arrived at orphanage around 10:00.  The kids were all screaming... it was a little crazy.. They tried to give us a little boy - and I said "no"  "Olesya"  a little girl... she had been screaming for us.. she saw us through the door and they took her away...I was not happy.... we finally got Olesya... we went to a play room and visited with her until 12 and then we went and watched her eat.. they said she hasn't been eating well... but she ate a bunch while we were there.  Rice, peas (one at a time on a Tablespoon size spoon), and cabbage soup...she ate it by herselft with a large spoon and a cup of tea. 
When she was done.  She scooted in her chair.. they removed her bib and then she went to wash up.  We then left... we have been having trouble with internet connection in the room.. so we are in the lobby area.  I know you are dieing for pictures... so I will attach a few..

Again, they have put medicine on her face... there is nothing on her cheek unless there is a little pimple or something... the medicine is some kind of iodine.  The chin looks like a little rug burn.. who knows?

She has grown about 4-5 inches taller.. which is good.
We are excited to see her again this afternoon at 4:30.. it is 3:00 now... so not much longer.
Steve says he looks like his dad here.. which I totally agree..

that is all for now.. will post more pictures on my facebook page...
PS my phone is not working... I told them to turn on the international calling... but I must have been suppose to do something as well... oh well.. e-mail me or post on facebook if you need anything.
Talk with you all again soon.
Stephen & Tamra

1 comment: