Tuesday, December 6, 2011

THE TRAIN RIDE - UGH!

Olesya does not like trains. At first she fell asleep and slept about 2 hours, then when she woke up she was screaming bloody murder and would not stop screaming.. she had herself worked up into a real tizzy (must have been a nightmare or something). Steve paced up and down the small area of the train car. She was inconsolable... she just wanted off the train. She was up until around 4 a.m. when she finally couldn't fight it anymore and went to sleep..... then something woke her up at 5:00 a.m. screaming again... she threw another two year old tantrum..she kept putting her boots on wanting to get off the train. Of course, we can't get off until we are in Moscow (not until 6:30)...she wanted her hat and her boots and her coat. The train stewardess talked with her a little to try and calm her down. It was the first time I'd see real tears... she'd been a little fussy... but not real tears. She is sleeping peacefully right now and for the first time... not sweating... the hotel we sweat all day everyday... when we went to the orphanage we sweat... UGH! I'm so glad to feel cool and comfortable... I just hope she doesn't catch a cold... it does feel much better to me though. Darlene - hope you guys have better luck on the train... (Steve says it was the train ride from hell--sorry for the bad news) Good news - that was the last train ride she will ever have to take! Me too!

We got to the apartment for the next 4 days (11th floor- we are high up). It is very nice with lots of breakables... and plug in's without any covers... OH NO...NYET-NO-NYET - NO..... I'm afraid that is all she is going to hear from us for the next few days. there is more room and a pack and play.. we might try laying her down in that tonight... When we got to the apartment, the doctor showed up to give his take on Olesya's health... Everything good.. no heart murmur or anything... he said they did a good job of fixing it. He picked her up and said 25 26 lbs...(no scale)  He told us of an ointment we can get (over the counter - I think it was neosporin) for her face and so Tatiana was going to pick us up some when we see her next. The doctor now will submit his report to the Embassy and that is all we had to do today.. YEAH! I'm not sure I am capable of much of anything anyway.

Tomorrow we go to the US Embassy - all three of us... I'm not sure how long I should let her rest today... but we were all so exhausted we slept from 7:30 to 12... It is 1 p.m. now...when should I wake her? should I? It could help us get on American time... if it weren't that we were staying until Friday...

Steve woke me up so he could run to the market and pick up some snacks and food.... now that I have a stove.. I can cook.. what I wouldn't give for a cheeseburger! Maybe he will come back with one... .hopeful thinking.

We are not far from downtown Moscow. Steve is checking out the sights while he is out so we will know where we want to go when we take Olesya for a walk later today (Tatiana is letting us borrow her stroller). She needs to get out and get some fresh air... It is a little windy and cool (though)...

I just looked in on her again.. Wonder what she thinks about sleeping without sweating... I hope so.

Steve just got back from the market. Olesya woke up on her own at 1:15 .. yeah! More later...

Gonna get a hot shower.  AAAHHH!!

Tired

Stephen, Tamra & Olesya

No comments:

Post a Comment